- Keeping your neat this yr may well be less complicated if you give your air-conditioning system a tune-up right before the weather receives any warmer. All it can take is a handful of basic ways to make confident your air-conditioning process is completely ready to properly neat your dwelling.
Right here are some ideas from the U.S. Division of Electrical power and the gurus at Coleman® Heating and Air Conditioning, a model of the Unitary Solutions Group of York–a Johnson Controls Enterprise:
• Trying to keep the cool air inside is just as important as preserving the warm air outside the house. Caulking, climate stripping, and adding more attic insultion will assist continue to keep awesome air within all through the summertime.
• Make positive the air is flowing correctly through the vents. Examine the ductwork for holes or separated joints, and use a professional to mend them.
• Include insulation about air-conditioning ducts, when they are situated in unconditioned spaces, this kind of as attics, crawl spaces and garages do the similar for whole house supporters exactly where they open to the exterior or attic.
• House owners should really check out the SEER (seasonal electrical power performance ratio) ranking of their air-conditioning unit. The increased the SEER ranking, the additional power efficient the device is and the reduce your utility bills will be . Upgrading to a better SEER ranking can preserve householders hundreds of bucks a 12 months on their power charges.
If the air-conditioning unit desires to be changed, house owners should really be knowledgeable of the U.S. Division of Electricity laws that calls for all new, central air-conditioning models created just after January 23, 2006, to have a SEER of at minimum 13.
Individuals may want to contemplate an strength-efficient design, these as the Coleman Echelon™ 15+ SEER air conditioner. New versions are Electrical power Star® experienced, use environmentally pleasant refrigerant and have significant-performance scroll compressors that improve reliability and lead to the exceptionally quiet procedure of the models.